Tuesday 24 March 2015

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - Chasing Yesterday

Noel Gallagher is one of those people that are either loved or despised. Like Marmite.



I love Marmite and I love Noel Gallagher.

When his first album came out, the self-titled "Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds" I was a woman obsessed. This album has been listened to nearly as often as my favourite Bon Jovi album, These Days. 

I can tell you now, that it has been a long three years waiting for this album. 

He didn't disappoint.

A typical sounding Noel album. No fannying around. Just excellent songs that you can glaze over to and enjoy, realising an hour later that you listened to the whole album, without skipping a track. 

The Girl With X-Ray Eyes. My current favourite of the whole album. It makes love sound spooky, desperate and powerful. The Ballad of the Mighty I is also brilliant.

The lyrics can mean nothing and everything; this is the genius of his songwriting. I could spend all night trying to describe the music but I can't; it just sounds like Noel's music. Any other artist singing this would fail; it needs Noel's sound to complete it. Not even Liam Gallagher. Especially not Liam Gallagher. He's a dick prat.

I should reiterate that I was very much an Oasis girl growing up. Blur was alright but Oasis was the band that reigned supreme. Probably due to the magic of Noel.

1 comment:

  1. I like Noel, but my brother absolutely loves him. Which means I have his music - and interviews with him - playing out load constantly at home, so it made me smile to see you mention him here :) The girl with x-ray eyes is such a great song!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY ALEELILY DESIGNS | POWERED BY BLOGGER.